For any business, improving productivity, eliminating down-time, and controlling wastes are legitimate concerns. However, field service providers in the utility sector need integrated solutions that conform to the complexity and mobility of their operational environment.
Scheduling optimization strategies featured in a comprehensive system will allow utility companies to realize maximum productivity and reduce overall OpEx and CapEx costs. Moreover, the right system should merge various departmental software programs into a single database for unified visibility and enhanced operational awareness.
Although no two utility companies perform operations identically, field service providers who employ a mobile workforce face similar challenges to scheduling optimization, such as:
- Comprehensive work management protocols that incorporate mobile solutions
- Unified project management
- Maximize work safety performances
- Improve service quality in conjunction with CRM
- Standardize regulatory compliance performance
Work order management systems provide field service scheduling solutions that meet utility provider needs through precision planning, management, and integration deployment.
By utilizing a priority based system that operates in real time for enhanced mobile solutions, utility companies can access every detail relevant to field resources and achieve scheduling optimization that satisfies and exceeds business goals and objectives.
Field service solutions can offer execution performance solutions that accommodate the varied requirements of each of your service segments.
- Work Management—work requests that are generated by users seamlessly transition to work orders, the system automatically generates work orders based on company Preventative Maintenance Schedules, and manual (interactive) entry work orders can be issued—all of which are embedded with crucial data and tracked in real-time.
- Communications—coordinators and field management personnel can instantly locate resources from the hit list, control shifts, and manage equipment and labor allocation to maximize work crew productivity. Safe, reliable BYOD or company issued mobile device integration through a stand-alone database that conforms to the latest FCC regulations.
- Heightened Visualization—the centralized system allows instant access to all types of work: planned, scheduled, and in-progress. Moreover, data integration from back office programs (i.e. Asset management, HR, CRM, and Financial) create unified visibility for enhanced business analyses, KPI and financial reporting, and organizational compliance.
- Location Based Services—include travel, route, and daily scheduling optimization with maps and online booking based on real-time availability. For example, ClickSoftware offers an interactive “Get Closest Resource” wizard tool for dispatchers that monitors travel, speed, and location while integrating job-status updates.
- Priority Based Dispatching—customized to your company’s specific policies to create scheduling optimization realities that improve your company’s reputation, capacity, and performance.
- Grid OT/IT—restoration management orchestrated with lowest costs and highest safety to ensure the shortest ERT, offer the best possible customer experience, and mitigate regulatory liabilities.
Interested in learning more about field service for customer service? Request a field service consultation now.