Effective management is the backbone of service enterprises. Large scale mobile operations can be costly without the proper mechanisms in place to ensure productivity and flawless execution. Here’s how workforce management can help your company achieve the ultimate ROI:
1. Tracking Productivity
Workforce fleet management software’s can increase accountability by tracking productivity at every stage of operations. These software’s can help you delegate responsibilities more efficiently and can relay real-time data back to the office regarding job status, work details and time sheets.
Field service employees also gain access to the tools and applications necessary to complete their jobs faster and with greater accuracy.
- GIS Maps provide a comprehensive view of all resources and assets in the field.
- Real-time GPS tracking let’s you know where vehicles are at all times and enables the ability to review completed routes.
- Live alerts acknowledge when vehicles have performed critical activities or traveled outside the route scope.
- Route optimization delivers powerful street-level routing (SLR) that auto-generates the best possible route, avoiding barriers and delays.
2. Tight Scheduling
Service scheduling and dispatch scheduling software accelerates the rate at which daily operations are performed without necessitating additional manpower. The result is:
- Minimized overhead
- Decreased travel time & cost
- Less downtime
- Faster, automated decisions
- Improved assignment/resource pairing
- Overall balance between workload and capacity
Asset management softwares are self-learning and makes necessary adjustments based on real-time data. This data streamlines responsibilities, improving production in turn. You can also use the data to better plan and schedule asset usage and outline cost justification and compliance. This allows phasing out, replacing, recalibrating and providing additional training for underperforming assets to attain higher performance levels.
4. Integrating Systems
When all departments are better able to understand one another’s positioning and progress within the field service lifecycle:
- Less overtime is required
- Travel time and cost is decreased
- Downtime is minimized
- Productivity increases
- Balance between workload and potential capacity is achieved.
- Customer satisfaction improves
- A healthier bottom line results
5. Analyzing Reports
Reports and analysis software receives big data from service scheduling and dispatch scheduling software and configures that data into intelligence that can be easily digested. Reports include:
- Schedule revenue & expense
- Resource travel
- Obligation violations
The proper analysis of harvested data will help workforce fleet management identify trends in production and workflow, monitor employee productivity, improve forecasting through fact-based trend assessment and refine inventory management. From there, changes can be made that contribute to higher productivity and efficiency levels and an improved bottom line.
Achieving the ultimate ROI is going to require investing in the right fleet management technology and integrating operations to create comprehensive insight. Using analytics generated from service scheduling and dispatch scheduling softwares, you can catch areas of profit or loss and adjust or invest accordingly to yield a substantially healthier bottom line with long-term sustainability.